From the Voicemail Boxes tab, you can set up and manage all voicemail boxes on your VoIP account. Go to Smart PBX > Voicemail Boxes to view a list of the current voicemail boxes on the account.
- The maximum voicemail message length is 500 seconds
- The maximum number of messages that can be stored in your voicemail box is 100.
Adding a voicemail box
- Go to Smart PBX > Voicemail Boxes > Add Voicemail box.
- In the Adding a Voicemail Box dialog, enter the name, voicemail number, and pin number for the user.
- Apply advanced settings as required.
- Click Create a new Voicemail Box.
NOTE: IP Telecom recommends adding a voicemail box to a user when you are setting up the user.
Editing a voicemail box
- Go to Smart PBX > Voicemail Boxes and click the Edit column for the user that you want to change.
- In the Editing a Voicemail Box dialog, you can change the name, voicemail number or pin number for the user. You can also change the voicemail pin number under Users > User Settings.
Under the Advanced menu, you can set up several voicemail box options:
- Options - Set the timezone, type of audio file, and options for greetings, notifications, and so on. A description for each option is available when you hover your mouse over the checkbox for that option.
- Recipients - Add multiple email recipients to be notified when someone leaves a voicemail in this mailbox. Using this feature can help ensure that important message are not missed.
- Greeting Media - Set the music or sounds that you want the caller to hear upon reaching this voicemail box. NOTE: You can set a temporary greeting if you are on holidays or for lunch and this greeting will remain active until you set it back to "None".
Save your changes.
Deleting a voicemail box
- Go to Smart PBX > Voicemail Boxes and click the Edit column for the user whose mailbox you want to delete.
- Click Delete Voicemail Box.
- Save your changes.