From the Devices tab, you can set up and manage the devices on the account.
Adding a device
Follow these steps to add a device to the account without assigning a user.
- Go to SmartPBX > Devices > Add Device.
- Select the type of device you want to add.
- Enter the device name and number.
- Leave Assign to as No Owner.
- Click Create Device.
This device now appears in the list of available or spare devices if you need to use it in the future.
To add a device for a user and for device specific instructions, see Adding a device to a user.
Editing device settings
- Go to Devices and click the Edit column for the device and user that you want to update.
- In the dialog menu for that device, you can change the device name and number or the user that it's assigned to.
Under Advanced > Options you can select from the following options:
- SIP - add a SIP username and password
- Audio - assign audio codecs
- Video - assign video codecs
- Restrictions - apply restrictions to certain types of numbers, such as freephone, directory enquiry, international and so on
- Miscellaneous - apply settings such as caller-id privacy, notifications when the device unregisters and so on
- Combo Keys - combo keys enable you to add functions to the keys beside your phone display, such as speed dial and busy lamp fields (BLF - an LED light to indicate if an extension is available or busy). For more information about setting up combo keys, see Setting up Combo Keys.
Save your changes.
NOTE: You cannot change the brand or model of the device using these steps. You must first delete the device, see Deleting a device. After the device is deleted, you can add a new one, see Adding a device to a user.
Deleting a device
- Go to Devices and click the Edit column on the device you want to delete.
- Click Delete Device.
Save your changes.