Yealink - Phone Installation
The following are general instructions on installing a Yealink device. For your specific device or model, use the instructions provided with the device or check Yealink support http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentFrontDisplayPage.
Before you take your phone home, please check with your IT department that all the minimum network requirements are in place. As a minimum requirement, ALG needs to be turned off.
You should have the following items in the packaging:
- Phone Base
- Phone Stand
- Handset & Handset Cord, Headset or Wireless Headset Adapter
- Ethernet Cable
Quick Start Guide
To install the phone:
Attach the stand to the phone
Connect the handset/handset cord, the headset, or the wireless headset adaptor
Connect the power
There are two options for power connections.
- AC Power
- Power over Ethernet (POE) switch/hub
Option A - Connect to AC Power
- Connect the DC plug on the power adapter to the DC5V port on the phone and connect the end of the power adapter into an electrical power outlet
- Find a free ethernet port in your router
- Take an ethernet cable and plug it into the open port (On your router)
Plug the other end of the ethernet cable into the Internet port on the back of the phone.
Option B - Power over Ethernet (POE)
- Find the ethernet port plugged into your computer and disconnect it from your computer.
- Take the ethernet cable that you just disconnected from your computer and plug it into the Internet port in the back of the phone.
- Take the ethernet cable that came with the phone and plug it into the PC port on the back of your phone.
Plug the other end of the ethernet cable into the ethernet port on the back of your computer where you unplugged the previous cable. (Step B1)
If the in-line power is provided, you do not need to connect the phone to the power adapter. Make sure the switch/hub is PoE compliant.
Do not remove the power from the phone while it is updating firmware and configurations