Polycom - Factory Reset Device
For the latest general guide to your Polycom phone, see https://documents.polycom.com/category/voice.
To factory default your Polycom device:
- Press the Menu/Home Key.
- Select Settings > Advanced.
- Enter the password you use to log in to any phone on that account.
- Select Administration Settings > Reset to Defaults.
- Select Reset to Factory.
- Confirm Yes.
- The phone provisions again to get it's configuration.
To factory default your Polycom device if you can't remember the password:
- Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone located on under the phone and write it down.
- Restart the phone by powering down (unplug it count to 10 then plug it back in).
- While the phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step) depress the following keys simultaneously:
NOTE: If you see "loading application" and no countdown on your screen, select "Cancel" and you'll be able to see the countdown.
- For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330, 331, 335, 430, and 450: **Press and hold 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time** - For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650: **Press and hold 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time** - For SoundStation IP 4000, 500, and 6000: **Press and hold 6, 8 and * dial pad keys** - For VVX-Series phones: **Press and hold the dial pad keys 1, 3, 5 simultaneously during the Updater process until the password prompt appears**
- Continue holding down the numbers for a few seconds, until you are prompted to enter the admin password.
Enter the MAC address of the phone (not case sensitive). To switch between alpha and numeric try one of the following:
- Depress the # key or the button directly beneath this image on the phone screen (1/A/a) for Soundpoint IP
- On a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch between alpha and numeric
Log in to the phone using the default admin password "456" and configure your phone.