Video Conferencing Guide
When your video conference opens, a toolbar appears at the bottom of your screen with most of the actions that you'll need during your meeting.
NOTE: You can also use keyboard shortcuts to perform most actions during a meeting.
Invite people to a meeting by instant messaging or email
To invite people by instant messaging or email, just copy and share the meeting link.
- Start a new meeting in https://www.iptelecom.ie/iptmeet.
Click the toolbar icon, then click Copy.
Compose an email or instant message to your participants and paste in the meeting link. > NOTE: Meeting participants can also share the meeting link after they have joined the meeting.
- You can wait for participants to join, or you can close the meeting and rejoin it using the link when everyone is ready.
Inviting people to your meeting by phone
To invite people to into your meeting by phone:
- Click the plus sign , enter the phone number, then select it.
Connecting your Google calendar
To connect IPT Meet to your Google calendar:
From the main screen (before you start a meeting), click the meeting settings.
Go to the "Calendar" tab, click "Sign in with google".
Enter your Google credentials.
- Your calendar is now synced with IPT Meet.
Click "Refresh calendar" and to view your upcoming meetings on the start page.
NOTE: Meetings from your calendar and any calendar you have shared are displayed.
Scheduling a meeting
Before scheduling a meeting, you must connect your calendar to IPT Meet. See Connect your calendar.
To schedule a meeting in IPT Meet:
- Start a new meeting https://www.iptelecom.ie/iptmeet and start a new meeting.
Click the toolbar icon, then click Copy.
Open your Google Calendar and schedule a normal meeting.
- Enter the name of the meeting, select the date and time and add the attendees.
- In the "Description" section, paste the meeting link and save.
- Open https://www.iptelecom.ie/iptmeet and click Refresh calendar.
- The meeting is now displayed, just click on the link to join at the set meeting time.
Turning on and off your camera
To turn off your camera or check which device the meeting is using for video:
- Click the video icon in the toolbar .
Muting and checking your audio settings
To mute your microphone during a meeting, choose one of the following options:
- Click the microphone icon in the bottom left of your viewing screen.
- Click the microphone icon in your toolbar on and off.
- Click M on the keyboard.
To check which devices the meeting is using for speakers and microphone, click the down arrow beside the microphone icon.
Locking your meeting
The meeting moderator can set a password to limit access to participants who have the password.
- After everyone has joined the meeting, click Add password.
Share the password in the meeting chat.
Raising your hand to speak
To raise your hand during the meeting:
- From the toolbar, click the hand icon for attention from the meeting toolbar .
- A hand icon will display in the corner of your screen alerting the other participants that you want to speak.
There are several ways to display your participants videos during the meeting:
- Click F to show or hide video thumbnails.
- Click on the attendee video to show them in full screen.
- Click the toggle icon to toggle between thumbnail view and split screen .
Messaging into a chat window during meeting
To submit messages or links to meeting particpants during the meeting:
- Click the chat icon in the toolbar to open a chat window .
- Type your message and hit enter on your keyboard.
- Your message appears on the left side of the screen.
- Click the chat icon again or click X to close/hide the chat.
Sending a private message
When two or more participants are in a meeting, a three dots (settings) menu appears in the video area for each person.
- Click on the settings menu for the person that you want to message privately.
Click "Send Private Message" and a chat window appears.
NOTE: If you are the moderator, you'll have a few more options in this menu, such as mute everyone else, kick out and so on.
Sharing your screen
To share your screen:
- Click the share screen icon in the toolbar .
- Select which screen or application you want to share.
NOTE: Screen recording permissions must be enabled in your browser.
Sharing a YouTube video
To share a video:
- Click More Actions > Share a YouTube video.
- Enter the video URL.
- Click Share; the video immediately starts playing for all participants in the conference.
To see further meeting actions, click the three dots icon bottom right of the toolbar.
NOTE: Only the moderator has the option to "Mute everyone".
Removing meeting participants
To eject someone during a meeting:
- Click the settings icon in the corner of their video window.
Click "Kick out" to remove this person from the meeting.
NOTE: Only the moderator can eject someone from a meeting.