IP Telecom recommends adding users in the Smart PBX app Adding a user. However, in the Callflow app, from User you can manage some additional user settings.
NOTE: If you want to add a user in the Callflows app, see Adding a user.
Resetting the user password
- Go to Callflows > User.
- Select the user that you want to reset.
- Click Advanced and then go to the Password Management tab.
- Enter and confirm the new password for this user.
Save your changes.
Updating the user privilege level
- Go to Callflow > User.
- Select the user that you want to update.
- Under Basic Settings, choose the appropriate User privilege level from the dropdown menu.
- Save your changes.
Adding a user to a callflow
- Add a callflow, see Setting up an advanced callflow.
- Route the inbound extension or direct dial (DDI) number to a user which rings all devices associated with that user.
- From the Basic actions, drag User across and place on top of the first box.
- Select the appropriate user or create a user.
If you are creating a user, enter the following details:
- Username - user name for the device, this name cannot be changed later.
- First and Last name - actual first and last name.
- Email - enter email for the user.
- User Privilege Level - check "Administrator" if you want the user to have access to edit their own PBX settings. Otherwise, leave as "User".
- Email Notification - if checked, the caller receives voicemails in
.mp3files to their email address.
- Caller ID Name - enter the user name
- Caller ID Number - enter the extension number
- Caller ID number - represents how caller ID is displayed for external calls.
- Caller ID name - leave blank because the name is not forwarded.
Add new devices here if required. Otherwise, see Assigning a device to an existing user.
- Save your changes.
- Drag Voicemail on top of user if required and choose the correct voicemail box.
NOTE: When there is more than one device assigned to a user and a callflow is pointed to that user, all the devices ring at the same time when a caller dials that extension or DDI number.