In Menu, you can create different menus such as a main menu that callers hear when they reach a callflow. When you are adding a callflow, you can add the Menu action and configure the settings. Alternatively, you can you can create the menu first and then apply it to an existing callflow from Callflow > Callflows > Add Callflow > Actions > Basic > Menu.
Creating a menu
- Go to Callflows > Menu.
- From the left-hand navigation, click Add.
- Enter a name for the menu and enter a "Prompt Record PIN" that callers can use if they want to record their own greeting.
Check the box "Allow caller to dial extensions" if you want to allow the caller to bypass the menu and go directly to the extension they need if they know it.
Select a greeting message from the dropdown menu or create a new greeting.
- In the Advanced menu, you can add whitelists (allowed numbers), blacklists (blocked numbers), and ringing timeout options.
- Save your changes.
Adding a menu to your callflow
- Add a callflow, see Setting up an advanced callflow.
- From the Basic actions, drag Menu across and place on top of the callflow box.
- Click Add a new menu, or choose an existing menu from the dropdown list.
If the recording was saved already, you can choose this from the menu in Edit menu options.
If you are adding a new menu, you can upload your greeting either with an
.mp3file, using text-to-speech (TTS). If you leave the setting as "not set", then you can record the greeting when you first dial in. For more information about recording greetings, see Recording media through the phone.
Drag and drop the next feature from the Actions menu, such as user, ring group, device, and so on.
NOTE: It is often better to drag a Ring Group instead of a User even if that ring group only has one user. A ring group enables you to add more users or swap users without removing the call flow and recreating it again.
Choose the dial options to direct the caller appropriately. For example "dial 1 for sales", "dial 2 for support", and so on. The default action determines what happens if a caller does not press anything.
Save your changes.