In the Groups tab you can set up groups to be used as ringing groups or pickup groups. You can also add groups in the Smart PBX, see Adding a group.
You can add a maximum of 15 members to any group.
Adding a group
- Go to Callflows > Groups.
- From the left-hand navigation, click Add.
In Create Group, assign a friendly name to the group, for example "Sales".
Select Add User or Add Device to assign people to the group.
- Save your changes.
Adding a ring group to a callflow
- Add a callflow, see Setting up an advanced callflow.
- From the Basic actions, drag Ring Group across and place at the top of the first box.
- Enter a name for the ring group.
- Set the ring strategy to ring in order or all at the same time.
- Choose a ringback option to change the ringtone. Select from the dropdown menu or upload a media file, for example "All agents are currently busy, please wait".
- Select Users, Devices, or Groups1 and drag as required to your ring group.
You can drag additional Ring Groups or Voicemail as the next option in the callflow.
NOTE: The number of times to ring group members can be set to a maximum of 10. The maximum timeout can be set to 60 seconds.
Save your changes.
If you add a group that was configured in the Smart PBX to your ring group, the call distribution for that group will be defined in your ring group strategy here in Callflows. You are adding the list of users in the group, but it does not include any routing strategy that might be associated with the group in Smart PBX. ↩