A faxbox is a virtual fax machine that enables you to send or receive faxes through email. Having a faxbox means that anyone using a fax machine can send a fax to your faxbox number and you can receive it as an email. Also, you can send paperwork to a fax machine from your faxbox email address.
Alternatively, you can set up a faxbox at Smart PBX > Users > User Features > Faxbox, see Setting up fax to email.
Adding a faxbox
- Go to Callflows > Fax Boxes.
- From the left-hand navigation, click Add.
- Enter a name and assign an owner for the faxbox.
- Enter the email address for notifications.
- Click Advanced, then Options to define settings such as fax header, caller-ID, timezones, and retry limits.
- Save your changes.
Sending a fax through email
Ensure that you have a faxbox service setup already on your account, see Adding a faxbox. You should have a unique domain for sending faxes. You or your portal administrator can check this in Callflow App > Fax Boxes > Select fax box > Advanced > SMTP
Create a blank email with no subject. In the "To" field of the email, enter the fax number as digits only followed by the custom address set for your company.
Attach a single PDF to the email containing the fax content.
- Check that you have added the attachment, otherwise the fax will not succeed.
- Ensure that there are no other attachments such as pictures (email signatures count as a picture).
- Send the email.