In Blacklist, you can create a list of numbers that should be blocked. If a caller is trying to call anyone in your PBX account from a blacklisted number, the call will fail.
Setting up a blacklist
- Go to Callflows > Blacklist.
- Enter a name for the blacklist.
- Enable Block Anonymous, if you want to block any calls coming from an anonymous number.
- Add the phone numbers that you want to include in the blacklist.
Save your changes.
Activate the blacklist in Account Settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I block outgoing numbers on an account?
A: There are a couple of ways to block outgoing numbers.
Option 1. Go to the Advanced Provisioner app and set up the device to block an outgoing number, see block out rules.
Option 2. Set up a callflow with numbers that you want to block and either route to media or terminate the call:
- Log into the Hosted PBX
- Go to Callflows > Callflows
- Click Add a Call Flow
- Name the callflow “Blocked Numbers”
Select Click to add number .
Select Extension and enter the telephone number that should be blocked.
NOTE: Add the local version of the number and the version with the international prefix e.g. +353.. to ensure the number is blocked regardless of how it is dialled.
Click and drag Play Media from "Actions" and place over the number.
Select the type of media to play:
- For no media, select "Silence" and save
- For a voice media, select Add Media
- Type in the name, for example "Number Blocked"
- For the Media Type, you can upload a file by selecting Choose File, Or you can select TTS. If you have selected TTS, type in the text you would like the user to hear, for example “The number is not available for you to dial. Thank you and goodbye”
- Click Save
Click Save Changes.